Question Videocard issues...

Dec 1, 2019
Videocard overheating

Hey,guys! Yesterday, I was playing COD: Modern Warfare and didn’t notice that my MSI RTX 2060 Super Gaming X heated to 89*C ! My fans
in MSI Afterburner was set 0, when i recognized,i quickly turned on them to 100% and card cooled to 75 C immediately.
I was playing COD with 89* C like for 2 minutes.
Today i tested it in COD,PUBG and FurMark.
It seems like it’s the same FPS, but sometimes freezes in Games. Temperatures in benchmark and games are they same as they was 70-75 C. Is my videocard ok after 2 minutes of 89 C? What could be wrong with videocard after this temperature? Also i recognized that sometimes in COD Videocard load drops to 0% and my I5-7500 is always 100% and game freezes for 1-2 sec.

My power supply is 600W bronze.
Maybe processor or videocard are Throttling or
Something. Processor is 65-70 C, always.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
The card will not allow you to kill it with heat outright, even if you manually disabled the fans. Once it hits a certain temp threshold it will throttle and eventually shutdown to protect itself. 2 minutes at 89c isn't going to hurt anything.

If CPU usage is always higher than GPU usage in the games you play then you have a CPU bottleneck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixel
Dec 1, 2019
The card will not allow you to kill it with heat outright, even if you manually disabled the fans. Once it hits a certain temp threshold it will throttle and eventually shutdown to protect itself. 2 minutes at 89c isn't going to hurt anything.

If CPU usage is always higher than GPU usage in the games you play then you have a CPU bottleneck.
Thank you! Yeah, bottleneck is obvious with i5 7500, but not that bad. Only showing in some games, in PUBG for example proc is 90-100% and graphic core is 100% too. So it’s observed only in COD