Question Videos stutter in all browsers in unfocussed window

Sep 22, 2019
Hey there!

I've been looking all over the internet for people with similar issues and solutions and found a lot of things of which zero helped me.
So maybe there is somebody here who might recognise this:

It started quite recently. I usually play games like WoW on my first monitor and have a youtube video running on the second one. For some reason the videos stutter now (mainly video with a bit of audio lag) on the second screen. I experimented a bit and found that this is a problem for every browser I tried (Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera) but doesn't affect regular video players. Also it appears not to be an issue with my second monitor as I first believed because the stutter occurs when the youtube (or vimeo or any other online video) window is unfocussed and I focus another one.
It is the same for the games by the way. When I tab out of them they turn into a few chopped up frames as well. Switching between full screen, windowed mode and borderless window doesn't change anything either.
I also tweaked around a bit with the AMD Radeon settings (global v-sync, GPU-scaling) and disabled and updated Adobe Flash which both did nothing.

My specs are:

Windows 10
CPU: AMD FX-4100
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700
RAM: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 930 GB HDD
Screen 1: ASUS VS247 60 Hz, 1920x1080
Screen 2: X1910WAS 60 Hz, 1440x900

Does anyone here know what is causing this and how to stop it?

best regards

Sep 22, 2019
How busy is your C: drive? How much RAM is being used if you do a fresh boot and start a video?
The C: drive is on very low percentages with some rare spikes up to around 50%. RAM is constantly around 60%.
Weirdly though, CPU is quite busy going up to 90-100% when running a youtube video. A lot of that seems to come from my antivirus (Avira) and Google Chrome, however when it's up at 100% the percentages in the processes tab don't seem to add up to 100%.

Sep 22, 2019
How's your Internet speed?
About 50 Mbps but I'm very positive that's not the cause. It's fast and stable enough for streaming. The laggyness is a frame problem only occurring when the browser window is out of focus. Interestingly the stutter increases the more I move my mouse. When I vigorously move it around the video actually stops completely while sound keeps playing with only a bit of stutter. Could that be a hint?

Sep 22, 2019
I think I updated the drivers through Radeon Settings after the problem started occurring. I checked on the AMD website as well and didn't find anything. That's odd should be up to date, though.

You might try the Event Viewer System log. Click Start and type Event Viewer. Click Windows logs -> System. Browse for events flagged ERROR. Be aware that this log is very cryptic, but sometimes you can get clues as to what's happening from it.

Sep 22, 2019
You might try the Event Viewer System log. Click Start and type Event Viewer. Click Windows logs -> System. Browse for events flagged ERROR. Be aware that this log is very cryptic, but sometimes you can get clues as to what's happening from it.
Meanwhile I reset windows twice and it's still there :( Event Viewer didn't give me any valuable hints, either.
Thanks for your advice, though.