View a VCR thru Video-in on v7700 deluxe or other?

Diesel

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi, I am thinking about getting the v7700 Deluxe in order to use the Video Input on the card to use my computer to watch TV from my VCR - is this possible? Can the v7700 Deluxe run video from my VCR to the computer in full screen for viewing like a TV?

What are some other good solutions with ok 3D (i don't need THE BEST) and the ability to view video like a TV? I considered the ATI A-I-W Radeon but i really don't need the extra expense of the built-in tuner b/c my VCR has one, you see?

Bottom Line: Most importantly, I want high quality 2D along with decent 3D performance, DVD support, and the ability to turn my computer into a TV! And i would REALLY appreciate your help!

- thanks again

morc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Why do you need a GeForce/Radeon for it if you don't need any top-class 3D performance. Go for a TNT2 with video in(/out) ie. ASUS V3800TV (the TV is the inportant bit here, it does mean that the card has videoin/out on it - NOT TV tuner!!!) and it has a decent, but still quite good 3D performance. Or a GeForce MX based board if you want very good (but no the best) 3D. Oh, by the way, you're at one of the best places to check out the make a decision. Check out the graphics card reviews.

Regards,

Morc