ViewSonic Announces 24-Inch Smart Display Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I've seen something similar on sale at newegg. Basically the reviewers say that the concept of a giant Android monitor is awesome, but in practise, doesn't work well at that size

I actually had someone come in to my work earlier today looking for this....I explained to them...you do realize it was JUST FRIGGIN' announced right? He was showing me the info on his phone with ironically enough was about CES. I know tech moves fast but good grief.

a1b2c3

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I like it, but imagine it would be difficult to use unless you have a place to set it down. Guess it's a lap-tablet.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]Basically the reviewers say that the concept of a giant Android monitor is awesome, but in practise, doesn't work well at that size[/citation]
I have a hard time imagining how I would use that as a table(t) too.... much too large (and presumably heavy) to comfortably hold with one and while using with the other, putting it on a table would make it much to high to use without spraining shoulders for extended use, leaving it flat on a table for reading woould likely lead to sore neck, etc.

As a kiosk display, picture frame or similar appliances (or used as a not-so-conventional PC or PC display), I suppose it would do nicely.

I know I personally wouldn't want to pay a $250 premium to slap a Tegra3 into a $250 display.

xero141

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
it would be awesome to see someone making/taking calls with this held-up to the side of their face.. i've already seen some people make calls with other tablets and that was funny, this would be epic..

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]a1b2c3[/nom]I like it, but imagine it would be difficult to use unless you have a place to set it down. Guess it's a lap-tablet.[/citation]

*Laplet™

Status
Not open for further replies.