Viewsonic VX922 Monitor problem

spiderxx

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Okay I got one of these monitors for some time now. I havent had a problem until a few days ago and Im stumped with what could be wrong. I have done some searching and found some material that I read thru but I dont think it applies to my situation and problem. It may be the start of something and it may not. Im not sure so Im reaching out for some help and advice.

My monitor is fine until I step away from it and when I do I either leave it go to a blank screen by itself(leave it on and then the win xp screen saver comes up and then it finally goes to a blank screen) or I turn it off with the power button. But when I return a few times the screen stays blank and I noticed the green light on the power button is flashing. I end up doing a restart on the pc and for the first time it was okay but now I ended up doing 2 restarts before the monitor would come back to life and show my desktop.

Anyone else have this problem?

Dee Kay

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
It sounds like you may have a capacitor in the monitor going bad. Plenty of posts previously with that model having issues after a couple of years and yours sounds like it is doing the same. Check with a local electronics repair shop for an estimate on repair. If it is almost as much as a new monitor then just get a new one.