ViewSonic XG2401 24-inch FreeSync Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
48hz isn't optimal but it sure as hell is still damn good. 20hz would be perfect.

freesync is kicking ASS. i hope nvidia continues to rest on their laurels as AMD picks up more market share and becomes a more formidable competitor.

karloe

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
CONS: 48Hz lower FreeSync --> Christian, didn't you hear about Low Framerate Compensation?
144 > 2,5x48 --> meaning LFC is on so the actual FreeSync range is 0-144Hz

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Another low price monitor good for a low range gaming rig. Not my cup of tea, but cool that the market isn't abandoning the cheaper options for peeps that don't run the latest, greatest parts in their rigs.

slashdot

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Not sure why people diss the "low price monitor", but Freesync and Gsync needs to encompass a larger range of price point. Faster value adoption means paying less "premium" for Freesync/Gsnyc in the top range. Otherwise, adaptive sync would be niche tech that would die in a year and two, and the so-called "premium feature" would no longer be supported.

This is definitely a scary fact. If this goes away due to lack of demand/lack of creating demand due to high cost, it will be something we merely talk about as history in 5 years... e.g. Remember when?

Nvidia needs to take the reigns and decide not to charge such a higher premium so they can get people hooked on the benefits of G-sync while AMD who originally said there would be no premium for FreeSync kind of fibbed. The mark up is definitely not as harsh as G-sync though it is still there.

Both companies need to sell this tech to consumer TV manufacturers as well or it may very well die off though I sure hope not.

Aslam_

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Anyone knows how this compares to the Aoc G2460pf or Acer Xf240h?

The Acer XF240H has bad Colours and is still too bright for my Eyes, even with Brightness and Contrast set to 0!
Thanks. Asus has also just released the MG248Q. I guess this is the best of the 4 in terms of panel quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.