Virgin Superhub 3 in modem mode issues

badldragon

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong here

Virign wifi from SH3 is poor around my house so I want to go back to using my Asus Dark knight router.

Because of the way the SH3 is set up, compared to the old one, I can only use one ethernet port (used to be you could use em all regardless of mode).
I've a couple of hardline requirements near the modem so I grabbed a netgear GS105e 5 port switch.

I tried vairous set up but couldn't get anything working beyond Modem>PC and, in one instance, Modem>Switch>PC but could not get the PC to recognise the switch to access configuration.

My aim was
Modem>Switch>Wifi router>wifi devices
(Modem>Switch)>Xbox one
(Modem>Switch)>PC hardline
(Modem>Switch)>2nd hardline (unused ATM)

Is there anything wrong with that ordering?

Does anyone know why, even with the wifi removed completely, I cant get connections unless I only have one device plugged into the switch?

Hope that makes sense. This new superhub is doing my head in like.

badldragon

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

Roj. So the switch won't work as a bridge to the WiFi router, only as a extension to the router? Fair dos. I thought that initially just trying to avoid the routing of an additional cable through my wall.

Still having issues connecting modem to router though, it just plain refuses to give it internet connection. Might have a dig through the routers config, I might have tweak a wrong setting last time I used it.

Cheers