Virtual Assistant "Nina" Uses Your Voice as Your Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Markon101[/nom]This reads like an ad................................[/citation]

How you could get 'thumbs down' for that is beyond me.
You are perfectly right. THG puts in 'press releases', basically disguised Ads; as editorials.
Most news etc do it of course but most are also better at disguising it.
THG's version is usually -and sadly- very obvious.

Now I get hit with the red thumbs too I guess :)

__Miguel_

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
Wait... I thought Siri was actually based off Nuace's voice recognition technology... If that's the case, then it's actually not "watch out Siri", but rather "coming to Siri-powered devices in the near future", because Apple wouldn't let this kind of thing get away, now that it invested in Siri. Right?

Also, does anyone know who is responsible for Google's and Samsung's voice recognition software? If it's also Nuace (they are quite good at what they do, and have been for years now), then it's the same thing, it will be integrated into the OS sooner or later.

Or am I missing something here?

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]sanctoon[/nom]I am the system Administrator, my voice is my password, verify me[/citation]

Actually that reference makes me realize something. Since smartphones are everywhere, so are recorders...

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
why cant we do these things ourselves? I mean you have to sit there and tell it shit. You could have done it faster yourself.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
All I can think of when I read this article is the scene from the first episode of Archer where he called up Cyril and recorded his voice, which he used to break into the mainframe at ISIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS