Question virtual dvdrom emulator softwares storage controller dirvers installation stuck in windows7

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
kernsafe totalmounter(latest version) works in win 7 professional 32 bit(laptop with dvd drive) ,but dint work when i tried to install in win7 ult 64bit(desktop with no dvd drive) ,it stuck at installation forever , it couldnt install storage controller drivers even after waiting for 20-30mins , i also tried in safe mode, also tried in "dont check for unsigned driver verification" with f8 .
the installation stuck halfway never completes , its drivers are stored in app data -temp folder while installing ,
it just doesnt get installed ,then i have to end task driverinstall exe ,to stop the installation as nothing happens .in device driver - storage controllers shows unkown. tried the update driver and browsing through the folders place- it keeps installing ,never completes .

i tried few other software too ,gburner , virtual sheep , all these are windows 7 software which gives sotrage controllaer drives to be installed in device drivers, but none of them completes the installation for me in win 64bit ult 7 .
could it be any permission problem , registry problem ? how can i work around this , just only need answer about installation of these storage controller software , thank you .

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
Screen-Shot002.jpg
Screen-Shot001.jpg

I always used Daemon tools for a virtual DVD drive, never had any issues with it 32 or 64 bit.

If it installs just fine on windows 7 32bit, have you tried right clicking and running in compatibility mode for windows 32bit

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
any emulator softwares i try gives these storage controllers , but after i click install, they stuck with no progression forever .it will be unknown device in device manager , and if i tried to browse the update the driver through device manager - there too it keeps saying installing forever , then i had to end in task manager and uninstall remaining things in program folder. need some workaround to see to install these storage controllers or know the reason why this is happening .

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
I always used Daemon tools for a virtual DVD drive, never had any issues with it 32 or 64 bit
demon tools work well in my computer no problem, but the softwares i have mentioned ,they work as real dvd drive emulation which can create a virtual blank iso image of size you want and that can be used to mount and burned or make use for recovery disk .
the windows recovery disc creation cant look the virtual drive daemon or others have created and we dont get to create blank iso image of any size to be mounted in daemon and then picked up by windows recovery -- yes there are other ways to create or get into windows recovery , but i just want everyone to concentrate on only this software installation problem for me in wind 7 ult 64bit .thank you

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
Try

https://www.elby.ch/products/vcd.html

Can load all ISO files.

If you want to create ISO files, there are many

https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/free-iso-creator.html
i dont want to create iso files with files in it . need a emulator which can be like real dvdrom rw , softwares creates the virtual iso of any space , which can be mounted to that virtual (real to computer) dvdrom and made it to pick up when in system recovery , these softwares can do that , especially there is success with that kernsafe totalmounter in some forums i have read .
easus can make empty iso image of expected size ?
i have already mentioned about that virtual sheep which is elby, thank you , it also gives the same storage controller which does not installs in my win7 64bit ult

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
You want a software to emulate a real physical drive that you can read/write to it?

I don't think there is anything like that. I also have same thought years, years back. But no, there is nothing like that.

EaseUS article just provides the info for ISO creator software available out there, nothing else.

Don't really know what you want, but you probably want to take a look at Ventoy

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ventoy

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
You want a software to emulate a real physical drive that you can read/write to it?

I don't think there is anything like that. I also have same thought years, years back. But no, there is nothing like that.

EaseUS article just provides the info for ISO creator software available out there, nothing else.

yes there is a software - kernsafe totalmounter, try and see pls , it gets detected by windwos recovery creator - iso can be created for any size blank space , then that iso can be mounted to this emulated drive which will be seen by windwos recovery and burned to this iso , then this iso can be boot usb . this is done already by someone in here.
ref - jondil said:
Thanks for the link.
I also found that KernSafe TotalMounter 1.5 was able to mount a virtual DVD R/W drive that the Win7 Backup and Restore app recognized. I used that to create the ISO image of the Recovery Disc rather than purchase the ISO.

so yes i tried this 1.5 version too, its the same result - it gets stuck at installing storage controller drivers forever . i have checked this software in windows 32bit laptop - it installed there and fine. why its not in win 64bit ult - i want to know, might be some permission , uac , registry ??just want to find some answers.

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017

btw can i make boot usb recovery disk straight from windows which ask for dvd rom in its recovery program, can ventoy help in this regard , again yes there are other ways to get recovery , but i want to focus only on this software and my computer now .thank you

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
can i make boot usb recovery disk straight from windows which ask for dvd rom
Of course! Nowadays no one is using DVD roms anymore, everybody switch to USB drives already. Just burn Windows or Recovery iso file onto USB drives.

Rufus

Ventoy is just a even more powerful utility where you can store many Linux, Windows or rescue/recovery ISO and boot from them

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
Of course! Nowadays no one is using DVD roms anymore, everybody switch to USB drives already. Just burn Windows or Recovery iso file onto USB drives.

Rufus

Ventoy is just a even more powerful utility where you can store many Linux, Windows or rescue/recovery ISO and boot from them
how can i get this windows recovery iso from my system ? when i try it asks for dvd rom . ofcourse i use rufus and stuffs with my laptop if anything goes wrong , but in addition to above storage controller query , how to make windows give its windwos recovery to usb ? or how can i get the recovery iso image in first place from my windows computer ?

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
I see. Finally got what you want to do. Did not use Windows 7 for years. Don't know if you can create Windows Recovery image and save it to USB drive.

If you still use Windows 7, all I remember is that you did need a real DVD ROM drive and the media to backup the system. Again, there is no way to write to a software DVD drive emulator.

meganrussel

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2017
I see. Finally got what you want to do. Did not use Windows 7 for years. Don't know if you can create Windows Recovery image and save it to USB drive.

If you still use Windows 7, all I remember is that you did need a real DVD ROM drive and the media to backup the system. Again, there is no way to write to a software DVD drive emulator.
i just put a referance above for you , its been done already by the totalmounter software ! please give it a read once again. and that was just a example how was that software was used , i am planning to burn isos with this virtual emulated dvdrom .