News VirtualLink Is Dead: GeForce RTX 30-Series Skips the VR Connector, Website Gone

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
It should also be noted that moving up that far in the frequency range means your signal won't pass through most solid objects. Including your head and PC case. If you tilt your head the wrong way while using your wireless HMD it will start having adverse artifacts.

lilkwarrior

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Nitpick: The first consumer Oculus Rift also was able to use VirtualLink. It's a shame the standard came & went as it did. Definitely screwed over Nvidia & Valve seems to be the most culpable of it failing.

I think their reasoning sounded extremely fishy; The Index headset is left with pretty wonky connectivity as a result.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
It should also be noted that moving up that far in the frequency range means your signal won't pass through most solid objects. Including your head and PC case. If you tilt your head the wrong way while using your wireless HMD it will start having adverse artifacts.

Not really , because the VR headset will have horns like Antennas with direct connection to the base Antennas and the base Antennas are better located at the center of the Ceiling wired to the PC. no obstacles at all.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
HTC has had a WiGig adpater out for quite awhile.

It's basically the main reason I went with a Vive headset. I own it and it works flawlessly. Never had a signal issue or artifacting. I read practically every review on the wireless adapter before I bought it, and not one review mentioned signal issues are artifacting. It's just not an issue.