Virus in Computer

skarrlette

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Hi I have windows vista on one partition (c) and windows xp (d)on the other. I had a virus on the xp side (d). The virus scan i did on the vista side (C) found all these viruses and told me they were removed or in quarantine. So now I decided to log into the D XP side but I can't even log on anymore, when I try to it will automatically log me off after a few seconds. Also it seems I can't log on through safe mode to D either. When I look at the D partition it is split by me in the original wipe and re format with the new vista. The reason I split it was that I was going to make another partition, but just haven't yet. Do you think the D not letting me log on is because I split the original drive into a partition? Or is it because of the virus scans that have been going on, on the vista side?

Please advise
Skarrlette

Solution
I have no idea what damage the virus might have done.
Normally, I would say that the XP OS would not affect the Vista OS and vice versa.

skarrlette

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Ok so do you think that when I partitioned the "D" drive after it had already been formatted with windows xp, that did not break the operating system? Can you partition drives that are already formatted with an operating system?

skarrlette

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Hi, if I do a f8, and go to my Windows XP operating system, to try and restore, will I lose information on the operating system I have on the other side the Windows Vista? I just want to make sure that I only lose information only on that one side the "D' side not the "C"