Question Virus Stopping Malwarebytes?

Phantax

Prominent
Nov 22, 2021
Hello,
I recently had a crash on the computer, when it came back up it did a check disk and did some repairs, but the Malwarebytes wouldn't open. I reinstalled, same issue, and that's usually a sign of a virus that somehow got past the bytes and is now preventing it from opening.

I went into safe mode and I was able to open it there and run a scan, but it didn't find anything. In the past, there were other forums I was on where they had a list of things to do in situations like this, links to online virus checkers, and HiJackThis! logs, so I was wondering if you all had any suggestions like that to see what could be infecting my PC?

Thanks!

There is always Malwarebytes own forum.

Used to be another....bleedingcomputers or something like that, where a member would walk you through a check list of stuff to do, step by step, meticulously.

Have you used Windows built in scanning?

I occasionally use Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

I've heard of problems like you describe, but never personally had it.

Phantax

Prominent
Nov 22, 2021
Malwarebytes forums I get, but it's not the program as it works in safe mode, there's something blocking it from working in normal mode.

Just noticed something else, in the task tray it isn't showing my internet connection icon, and that always appears. Obviously internet is working because I'm here, just that the icon has vanished.

Last edited: