Vista or 7 for a gaming machine?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDogg

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I've been using 7 for 2 days now, great FPS in Crysis, FC2, CoD4, CoDWaW, and it looks and runs great, right now my CPU load is 2% and im running quite a few apps and playing a video podcast in Itunes, probably not impressive, but it is to me moving from a P4 with 1gb ram, keep in mind I haven't tried Vista 64, so I have nothing to compare to.

G

I used to think the same thing about XP but all games look so much better in DX10 and even better now in window 7 x64! games in XP look old and Arcadish with bright colors and less detail trust me It was hard to let go of XP for me to but after seeing games in windows 7 with DX10 it is like playing all new games that look so real its unbelievable!

JTP709

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I'm running W7 RC1 64 for my main OS and my new rig is primarily used for gaming (mostly FPS) and the only issues I've had were with 64bit drivers, which I also had when I was running Vista 64. I personally love the Windows 7 RC over Vista, and will choose it over Vista anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.