[SOLVED] VistionTek RX 570 No Display

Sep 15, 2020
Hi all. I had a major PC scare about two weeks back when it shut off in the middle of a game and came back on a few seconds later. The fans on my 960 GTX went full blast when it switched back on and no output was being received from it. I hard shut it down and tried to reboot, but the same happened. I tried once again and while the fans went back to normal, there was still no video output. Testing with DVI on my monitor and HDMI on my TV with no output on either, I assumed the card had just bit the dust and ordered a VisionTek Radeon RX 570 off of eBay as an replacement. Here's a Newegg link to the exact card type https://www.newegg.com/visiontek-radeon-rx-570-oc-4gb/p/N82E16814129412

That card came yesterday and I cannot for the life of me get any sort of video output from it either. For a list of what I have tried so far
  • testing with DVI (monitor) and HDMI (TV)
  • trying two different PCI-e slots on my motherboard
  • checking compatibility between my mobo (Z97-A socket 1150) and GPU (it's compatible according to pcpartpicker)
  • clearing CMOS by removing the battery
  • trying both 6+2 pin connectors my PSU has (power light is blue, so I think it's receiving all the power it needs)
  • leaving only 1 stick of RAM in
  • using an Ubuntu live USB and disabling CMS in my BIOS to try UEFI only
  • uninstalling my previous Nvidia drivers with DDU in safe mode (I noticed in the log for DDU, that my Radeon was showing up if that helps)
  • trying to boot in safe mode with the RX 570 installed
  • updating mobo BIOS to the latest version
  • checked GPU BIOS and it's using a standard version
  • for what it's worth, I've been continuing to play some games with the integrated graphics on my board and no issues seem to be present there
My hard drives are all MBT at the moment, so I decided to give booting under UEFI only a shot with a USB. I notice that with CMS in BIOS enabled, the VGA LED is off with my card inserted. The fans also spin once Windows booted up. When I disabled CMS and booted up using the Ubuntu live USB, the light shows as solid red with no fan spinning. I even reinserted my 960 GTX and the same occurred.

I tried experimenting further today and tried running a OCCT Power and GPU test. I still have to for CPU graphics under BIOS to get onboard output with my GPU installed, so I'm unsure if that makes the test results bunk, but I've taken screenshots of the results in case they're of some use. During both the Power and GPU tests, the RX 570 didn't budge in temperature or voltage. It's firmly plugged into the PCI-e slot, has a solid blue light on it and the 6+2 pin is firmly inside. I have noticed an electric 'cackling' sound from the card once I boot into Windows though. Could anyone offer any more suggestions or ideas as to how to fix this situation or what component of my PC needs replacing? Was the replacement card DOA?

7u0PxLX.png

oyzyPfr.png

Sep 15, 2020
Hello Nemesia. My specs are as follows.

MOBO: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-A (SOCKET 1150)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
GPU: VisionTek Radeon RX 570 OC 4GB
RAM: Kingston 2x4GB RAM
PSU: EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE 600W

Hello Nemesia. My specs are as follows.

MOBO: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-A (SOCKET 1150)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
GPU: VisionTek Radeon RX 570 OC 4GB
RAM: Kingston 2x4GB RAM
PSU: EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE 600W

Thanks for the specs koh60.

EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE.

Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems

This PSU is hot garbage :) The issue wasn't your GPU. It's that piece of junk PSU. Replace that with a decent model like a Corsair CX or TXM.

There is always a small possibility that this is not a PSU issue but issues like this are 90% of the time a PSU problem.

TRENDING THREADS