[SOLVED] Visual basic / .NET Framework Memory leak?

Jul 21, 2022
Hello everyone, I have a slight problem with vbc.exe running in the background. There are hundreds of these processes running and taking up 100% of my RAM and eventually crashing the system and I have to hard reboot my PC because of it multiple times a day. Is this some kind of bug or a malware that I'm not aware of? What's the solution for this problem?

The picture that I attached is about 2 hours after I turned on my PC and it already taking up about 30% of my 16 GB RAM, this will eventually go up to 95% memory and then freeze my PC and there's nothing I can do after that except a hard restart.

okk0Wcb.jpg

Solution
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Have you scanned for malware? Used Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro? (just get the trials)

memory leaks normally drivers. So be strange for it to be part of windows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Have you scanned for malware? Used Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro? (just get the trials)

memory leaks normally drivers. So be strange for it to be part of windows.

Solution
Jul 21, 2022
Tried the first method, didn't work, but I've downloaded and scanned my PC with, Hitman Pro, seems to work because I haven't seen vbc.exe running in the background. I forgot to screenshot the scan result, but it has something to do with ads in Internet Explorer 11 that's causing the vbc.exe to run that many instances (even though I never use IE). Thanks for the help! :)