Question visual c++ runtime library runtime error: r6016 not enough space for thread data

Streetkilln

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2015
Not sure if this the right place to post this but.
i been dealing with this issue where ill get a pop up from visual c++ runtime library with the runtime error: r6016 not enough space for thread data.
it'll pop up randomly for a few seconds then close i never had enough time to actually read it all until i was able to snap a screen shot of the entire box.

40d2854d229a9d5b0b0eaca4ca4a9c3b.png

from the message i assumed it was a gpu related issue, so i decided to wipe and reinstall my gpu drivers. but i still end up getting this message.

Not sure if this the right place to post this but.
i been dealing with this issue where ill get a pop up from visual c++ runtime library with the runtime error: r6016 not enough space for thread data.
it'll pop up randomly for a few seconds then close i never had enough time to actually read it all until i was able to snap a screen shot of the entire box.

40d2854d229a9d5b0b0eaca4ca4a9c3b.png

from the message i assumed it was a gpu related issue, so i decided to wipe and reinstall my gpu drivers. but i still end up getting this message.
I did a quick search and I believe this may be caused by GPU-Z so I suggest to uninstall it or see if there is an newer version of the software.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Interesting. Running from your user folder. Is that executable there? Might be able to see some details on where it came from.

I also saw a lot of results related to GPU Z, but it was more generic and not referring to that executable exactly, just a similarly name process that likely sends telemetry data back to GPU-Z's developer.

Could be a type of malware trying to use your GPU for mining, and you not having enough VRAM for their data set.

Another thing to do would be to uninstall and upgrade each of your installed C++ redistributables. Sometimes they conflict when you have multiple versions of the same redistributable like 2005 or 2016. Grab the latest of each you have from Microsoft directly and install them after removing the old ones. Solves a lot of weird problems.