News Vivify Launches UHS HDMI 2.1 48G Cables: 8K Monitors Era Comes Closer

Paul Basso

Honorable
Jan 1, 2017
It is the same pinout and copper that HDMI 1,0, 1.4, 2.0
I remember those over expensive HDMI cable that basically provided the same image and qualitry that the cheap ones. Probably will be difference in extra long cable but short ones surely will be the same

D

Deleted member 14196

I remember those over expensive HDMI cable that basically provided the same image and qualitry that the cheap ones. Probably will be difference in extra long cable but short ones surely will be the same
😁 yes. I had a salesman trying to sell me gold plated cables saying they would make the signals better LOL

I used to think the same but I’ve been looking at 2.1 48Gbps cables this week so I can run 4K 120Hz. All the cheaper cables on Amazon UK claiming to support 8k / 4K 120Hz had reviews saying they did not work. It seemed the good reviews were from people who didn’t actually need 48Gbps. I’ve tried 2 cheap cables so far and they don’t work at 4K 120Hz.

Oct 16, 2020
Gaming brand brings UHS HDMI cables for GeForce RTX 3090 and 8K monitors.

Vivify Launches UHS HDMI 2.1 48G Cables: 8K Monitors Era Comes Closer : Read more

In the article it states "Therefore, cable makers are now rolling out their certified UHS HDMI products. One of such companies is indeed Vivify. "

I contacted Vivify to verify before purchasing and their support provided the following response:

Thank you for reaching out to us. The XENOS W31 doesn’t have the Ultra High Speed HDMI® Cable Certification but is all 8K compatible(eARC. etc). As a VIVIFY guarantee, if the cable does not work under a normal use during the warranty period, VIVIFY will replace a new one.

It seems to conflict with what's posted in the article or perhaps it's my misunderstanding ...?