Vizio Launches Thin+Light Series of Laptop Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked to seen an option to have an AMD APU, so I could have a better GPU for the laptop. Mind you the Intel 4000 GPU is pretty good by Intel standards, but I'm sure they could have knocked off probably another $50-100 off of the price by using AMD APU's.

kristoffe

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 15, 2010
the 4000 is amazing for encoding and other goodies, lol, troll on. and other pc-laptops (you mean vendors) DO put enormous amounts of crapware on a windows system. vettedude implied it is IN the windows, not the WINDOWS OS. where's gandalf, we need an army against the trolls. vizio is a great company and these lappys are an excellent series as the specs advertise (reality may differ)

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]kristoffe[/nom]the 4000 is amazing for encoding and other goodies, lol, troll on. and other pc-laptops (you mean vendors) DO put enormous amounts of crapware on a windows system. vettedude implied it is IN the windows, not the WINDOWS OS. where's gandalf, we need an army against the trolls. vizio is a great company and these lappys are an excellent series as the specs advertise (reality may differ)[/citation]
What the f**k are you babbling about? There are four comments before yours, and none of them are trolls (I don't consider sarcasm like lamorpa's trolling). Why the heck would you need an army? That's just wasteful.

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
With netbook cpu/gpu performance, hopefully it will have netbook pricing! Doubtful, because they are trying to appeal to style, instead of substance.

Vizio products are a best value for quality and price, but I think they should have offered an AMD APU version of this laptop or Ivy Bridge with Radeon Graphics. Then people would not just be buying it, because it looks pretty!

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I feel like I'm a dying breed. It seems slowly but surely the trend is heading away from any laptop above 15.6". Sony got rid of their 16" offerings, and though I only lightly considered it, even the new MacBook Pro line gave up the 17" version. Know it was always something of a niche, but it's still disappointing. At any rate, I'm a bit impressed with the specs and price Vizio has with these. Wish them good luck

G

This Vizio computers look really slick I love the design is something we have been needing in the Windows world, I wish the make a 17" laptop ... having a hard time deciding which one I'm gonna get, Any advice.... http://vizio-pcs.com/vizio-computers-pcs/

ed mikes

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
I just got a 14" Light and Thin.

Honestly, very fast startup time. After playing with it for an hour I found the trackpad very slow and not precise. It has a very nice outer metal shell, but the unit itself felt cheap when typing on it. I really was not impressed with the quality of this machine. If you are looking for an Ultrabook seek one from another manufacturer. If you can afford an Apple Product don't even look at anything else.

I gave Vizio a try. But I will never buy a product they produce again!

G

@ Ed Mikes - since they're not shipping yet, how did you "just got" yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.