Vodafone On Ofcom's Plans to Stop Mid-contract Price Hikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sim only contracts run monthly here in UK, so no big deal, but Pay Monthly plans generally taken out with subsidised handset. How will they deal with that, you cant expect the carrier to take a hit on a phone that has not been paid off yet.

I just do not see a scenario this will work for both sides, or if there is really a need, In all my 13 years of mobile contracts, I have had 1 price rise mid-contract, for Pennies!

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
also, if vodafone is allowed to screwcustomers like this then the prescedent would be set and CONTRACTS WOULD THEREAFTER EXIST ONLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF COMPANIES

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
"We simply do not control many of the charges faced by consumers," Vodafone said in a statement. "They are set by third parties and mobile phone companies have to pass those costs on or they will be subsidising other companies. Prices set by third parties such as BT, include those for directory enquiry services, premium rate and 08 numbers," the carrier continued.

As the Brits would say, Bullocks! They're complaining about third party services that are under contract themselves and usually set for years, and any changes are discussed a year or two in advance. These things are essentially flat rate. The only thing they'll have to "swallow" is a slight decrease in profits from customers they're no longer able to screw over.

Status
Not open for further replies.