Vortex Finalizes 78% ‘Vibe’ Keyboard With SA Profile Keycaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valantar

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
A numpad, but no F-keys? Who on earth would want that? An accountant who hates keyboard shortcuts with a vengeance?

At least you can get an external numpad if you need it (heck, there are excellent mechanical ones out there, even). F-keys are far, far harder to replace.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

You'd be surprised. Lots of people want that. As I said, there's a layout for everyone. The diversity on the market is amazing.

difuid

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I just see the same old bricks as in the 80ies touted as new and revolutionary, sold for exorbitant prices. Where are the ergonomic mechanical keyboards? Or as they require effort to make, instead of cutting off parts from the existing designs, are frowned upon for not being money grabs?

Valantar

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014

I suppose you're right. However, the diversity for people wanting ISO layouts rather than ANSI is depressing. I've been keeping an eye out for years for a simple, minimalist tenkeyless ISO keyboard with MX Brown (or similar) keys and media+volume controls, and I've yet to find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The closest I've found is Cooler Master's lineup, but they all manage to leave me wanting. All the nifty, custom-designed ones seem to be ANSI only.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I wonder why no one is make two separate game pads to work as a full sized keyboard separated in two with a toggle switch to also utilize them as game pads with programmable keys thus providing a nice ergonomic gaming programmable keyboard and if it were wireless even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.