[SOLVED] VPN concerns

Feb 5, 2020
Hi I have some questions and concerns about using a VPN. My question is are they really effective and worth the subscription.

For example if I am using my VPN how do web accounts I log into recognise my device all the time. Examples are Facebook and iCloud. How are they able to recognise my device through a VPN and if I want privacy what can I do to completely block a website from knowing the details of the computer or device that I am using.

The reason I purchased a VPN was for securing the best prices for travel (before this world wide virus started) where I could change my worldwide location to get better prices when I travel opposed to booking in my home country and paying more. It would appear one of the booking sites I used has managed to recognise my online device and block me from doing that.

I am currently using Nord VPN

Solution
Hi I have some questions and concerns about using a VPN. My question is are they really effective and worth the subscription.

For example if I am using my VPN how do web accounts I log into recognise my device all the time. Examples are Facebook and iCloud. How are they able to recognise my device through a VPN and if I want privacy what can I do to completely block a website from knowing the details of the computer or device that I am using.

The reason I purchased a VPN was for securing the best prices for travel (before this world wide virus started) where I could change my worldwide location to get better prices when I travel opposed to booking in my home country and paying more. It would appear one of the booking sites I used...
Companies are smart about defeating people trying to use vpn connections to falsify geo-location. The way around this has always been to just physically remote control a system physically at the locality you want to be (so the traffic is literally coming from where it should be--just being remotely controlled), but this isn't part of a vpn service.

May 13, 2020

The reason I purchased a VPN was for securing the best prices for travel (before this world wide virus started) where I could change my worldwide location to get better prices when I travel opposed to booking in my home country and paying more. It would appear one of the booking sites I used has managed to recognise my online device and block me from doing that.

I am currently using Nord VPN
So to answer your first question, a VPN hides your digital footprints (IP address) not your specifications. To add to this, if you are using the same broswer with and without the VPN, the websites you visit save your cookies so it is better to use incognito for a new session. This should solve your problem :)

Solution