[SOLVED] VPN for remote PC

Aug 15, 2021
Hi, I'm looking for some wisdom!
I'm moving to South America, and I need a VPN for work, I need to connect to an Israeli Server while in South America so that I have an Israeli IP.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any VPN services that work as smooth as possible with this kind of situations.
Minimal Packet Loss and lowest Ping possible.

I've been searching the web but I feel all the review website are biased (or sponsored).
In any case,

Thanks in advance,

Mat

Solution
VPN is almost impossible to get valid reviews because everyone connection to the internet and where they are going is different. You can get stuff like how stable the site is and if they have billing issues but performance is likely going to be trial and error to see what works best for you.

You have to be a little more clear what you need. Are you just accessing some public server that is in Israel or are you trying to access some internal server for the company you work for that happens to be in israel.

If it is a public server why would you need a vpn. If it is Geo restricted then you pretty much need a VPN service from israel and even that might not work if the server owner is picky. I mean netflix blocks some vpn...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I'm looking for some wisdom!
I'm moving to South America, and I need a VPN for work, I need to connect to an Israeli Server while in South America so that I have an Israeli IP.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any VPN services that work as smooth as possible with this kind of situations.
Minimal Packet Loss and lowest Ping possible.

I've been searching the web but I feel all the review website are biased (or sponsored).
In any case,

Thanks in advance,

Mat
Sounds like this should be a question to your work IT people first. They must have other remote workers.

VPN is almost impossible to get valid reviews because everyone connection to the internet and where they are going is different. You can get stuff like how stable the site is and if they have billing issues but performance is likely going to be trial and error to see what works best for you.

You have to be a little more clear what you need. Are you just accessing some public server that is in Israel or are you trying to access some internal server for the company you work for that happens to be in israel.

If it is a public server why would you need a vpn. If it is Geo restricted then you pretty much need a VPN service from israel and even that might not work if the server owner is picky. I mean netflix blocks some vpn providers.

If your goal is to get remote access to work then you need something completely different. The simplest way would be to place a machine in the office and then use some remote access like teamviewer. To get direct access you will need a vpn server that your company runs on their network. Exactly how you do this depends on many things. Mostly your IT guys would have to set it up

Reactions: MatiMata007
Solution