VPN help

Daniel

I've been trying to set up a VPN connection between to of
our computers. I have one set up within the network and
another outside. I walked throught the connection wizard
in windows but for some reason every time I try to make
the connection I get the error message: "Error 678: There
was no answer". Can anyone give me any advice on what the
problem is and what I need to do? Thanks.

Stephen

What is between the two. Make sure the the machines are
connecting via public addresses. Check you NAT setup and
how passthru is being handled.

Make sure that you configure your firewall/router to pass the proper ports/protocols
such as 1723 tcp and protocol 47 GRE [pptp passthrough on some devices] for pptp to
the server end. Keep in mind that for Windows 2000 as a vpn server, you can not use
l2tp over a nat device. It may also help to configure the vpn client connectoid to
use only the preferred connection instead of auto in the vpn connectoid/properties -
networking. --- Steve