VPN

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.firewalls,alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks (More info?)

somehow we got this far and connected with 2 machines on a vpn over the net,
both running Win XP Pro,
but that's about as far as it goes, drives are shared and can only be seen
on each LAN but not over the VPN.
is there a protocol you need for this ?

jeroen

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.firewalls,alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks (More info?)

What is it your trying to do? How do you know you have correctly
established a VPN? Did you use IPSec? What protocols did u use to
establish the VPN?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.firewalls,alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks (More info?)

could i please get a reply ?

"jeroen" <jeroen@.com> wrote in message
> somehow we got this far and connected with 2 machines on a vpn over the
net,
> both running Win XP Pro,
> but that's about as far as it goes, drives are shared and can only be seen
> on each LAN but not over the VPN.
> is there a protocol you need for this ?
>
> jeroen

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.firewalls,alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks (More info?)

I used the wizzard of XP pro
protocols are standard TCP
and this page to assist me
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm
so, is chose the ip range and all the standard stuff.
created a name and checked for the IP to cennect to.

one called the other, the other pc anwsered the call, and the VPN was
connected.
that's where it stopped for us, the disks where shared, but nothing could be
seen.
the workgroups where the same though.

jeroen

jeroen wrote:

> I used the wizzard of XP pro
> protocols are standard TCP
> and this page to assist me
> http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm
> so, is chose the ip range and all the standard stuff.
> created a name and checked for the IP to cennect to.
>
> one called the other, the other pc anwsered the call, and the VPN was
> connected.
> that's where it stopped for us, the disks where shared, but nothing could be
> seen.
> the workgroups where the same though.
>
> jeroen
>
> "Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA" <SekureSupport@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>What is it your trying to do? How do you know you have correctly
>>established a VPN? Did you use IPSec? What protocols did u use to
>>establish the VPN?

When you do an ipconfig on the calling machine, what do you see for the
IP address?

what is the IP address of the answering machine?

can you ping between the two machines?

(the answers to these will help us to start with a diagnosis)

--
Copyright 2004 T. Sean Weintz
This post may be copied freely without

ALSO - FWIW, The following WHOIS Record is years out of date:
Weintz, Sean (SW2893) tweintz@MAIL.IDT.NET
Sean Weintz
462 Sixth Street , #A
Brooklyn, NY 11215