VR Will Never Be The Same For Me: StarVR Has Shown Me Future

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kcarbotte,
I don't know what the FINAL SPEC will be for the StarVR. I'm simply saying that the specs as listed fall short.

I've been following HUD development (mainly the Oculus Rift) and have a rough idea how the panel technology has progressed. Since the StarVR has to both increase the pixel count (due to closeness) AND also increase frame rate (due to nausea) that's going to be problematic since that panel technology won't exist for a while.

So that's why I say it's a "me too" solution, because it's trying to differentiate itself by having peripheral vision, however it's doing it in a way that Oculus Rift already dismissed due to the state of the technology (or they're waiting for much better panels which seems unlikely).

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Except they are waiting for much better panels and have said so repeatedly.
Starbreeze studios is in no hurry to bring the StarVR headset out. That's why it's not a me-too product. They are waiting for both higher resolution panels, and higher power graphics cards before this becomes a real product.
They are calling this a second round headset.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/starbreeze-studios-interview-at-immersed,30257.html

Status
Not open for further replies.