[SOLVED] VRM: How to identify GOOD and BAD mobo's?

Omar_71

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017
Hellouu!!

Everytime I upgrade my system I come for online wisdom when I have to choose a good non-expensive mobo.

My point now would be like: how can I identify and discard a bad mobo from a good one? I know VRM is the way to go on this matter, but that's not a thing that comes specified on the manufactured site, so even though that I know a bit about it I'd like to know tips to dive deeper into this matter.

Thanks in advance! <3

Hellouu!!

Everytime I upgrade my system I come for online wisdom when I have to choose a good non-expensive mobo.

My point now would be like: how can I identify and discard a bad mobo from a good one? I know VRM is the way to go on this matter, but that's not a thing that comes specified on the manufactured site, so even though that I know a bit about it I'd like to know tips to dive deeper into this matter.

Thanks in advance! <3
This really is a problem as Mfr's rarely list any technical info about the VRM design topology on board's spec sheets, not even any meaningful specs such as power handling capability. And even when they do it's often misleading, like claiming '8 phase' when it really just 8 inductors. So you can't really trust them.

You're left with asking questions in forums like this and by googling the boards you're interested in. There are some overclocking forums that maintain lists of boards and their VRM topology in spreadsheet format.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar_71

Omar_71

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017

Thanks for the videos! <3

This really is a problem as Mfr's rarely list any technical info about the VRM design topology on board's spec sheets, not even any meaningful specs such as power handling capability. And even when they do it's often misleading, like claiming '8 phase' when it really just 8 inductors. So you can't really trust them.

You're left with asking questions in forums like this and by googling the boards you're interested in. There are some overclocking forums that maintain lists of boards and their VRM topology in spreadsheet format.

Ohh that's a simple way to check mobo's!! Thank you so much <3