Vsync off-Screen tearing,Vsync on-input lag.

Bogdan7585

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
So when I play games (for example GTA V) when I turn Vsync on when my fps goes below 60 I get bad input lag which is ruining whole game, but when I turn Vsync off I get terrible screen tearing.So what should I do? I don't like both input lag or screen tearing. Is there a way to play without both of them? Specs: Phenom II X6 1090T Radeon HD 7790 8GB RAM.

Solution

I think at this point you will need to either get a new GPU that supports freesync/gsync, along with compatible monitor. Or get a really high refresh rate monitor where you could disable vsync and probably not exceed the refresh rate. I personally always use vsync and don't notice input lag, but then again perhaps I have used it for so long that I have adjusted to it.

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
You could try running the game in full screen windowed mode with Aero enabled. it will keep the screen tearing at bay, and it seems to have less input lag than Vsync in my experience. though, no guarantees that it's better, as your relying on the windows Desktop Window Manager to handle frame syncing. otherwise you will need to get a synchronous display like a Freesync or G-sync display to have no screen tearing and Vsync off.

I think at this point you will need to either get a new GPU that supports freesync/gsync, along with compatible monitor. Or get a really high refresh rate monitor where you could disable vsync and probably not exceed the refresh rate. I personally always use vsync and don't notice input lag, but then again perhaps I have used it for so long that I have adjusted to it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS