ToxicMoofin

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
So yea... Went to do a factory reset on my W10 pc. It got about 30% through, reset... And now here i am...

Ittle It will show the HP logo and speed past all the bios/system stuff, then just reset abruptly.

I tried turning it off and back on, and it started to turn itself on and off for a few seconds, then goes back to the loop.

Im so confused...

HP 8300 Elite Small form
+
Nvidia GTX 1030

*Side note: if i cant get this thing working again; can anyone recomend a solid gaming pc for $300-$500?

Ive tried the whole "build your PC" route but have had very little success lol.

Solution
@

At this point theres no safe mode to boot too, but even if there were the loop takes place just before im able to bring up any kind of BIOs options.

I managed to get into the bios menu once after the loop started to see if a factory reset would help. It didnt... As far as i can tell anyhow.

As for the CMOS, im not entirly sure what it is or how one goes about resetting it; so any information related to the basics of it would also be much appreciated.

Did you not mention that it speeds past the BIOS info? Have you tried continually pressing the ESC key after power on?

As for CMOS, you'd need to open up the machine. When in there, RAM modules, always worth checking they are firmly seated and clipped in place...

ToxicMoofin

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
@
Have you tried either resetting the CMOS or booting in safe mode?

At this point theres no safe mode to boot too, but even if there were the loop takes place just before im able to bring up any kind of BIOs options.

I managed to get into the bios menu once after the loop started to see if a factory reset would help. It didnt... As far as i can tell anyhow.

As for the CMOS, im not entirly sure what it is or how one goes about resetting it; so any information related to the basics of it would also be much appreciated.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
@

Did you not mention that it speeds past the BIOS info? Have you tried continually pressing the ESC key after power on?

As for CMOS, you'd need to open up the machine. When in there, RAM modules, always worth checking they are firmly seated and clipped in place.
Depending on the motherboard used, I think some had a CMOS reset button, little yellow thing you press and hold it for 10-15 seconds.
Alternatively, you can remove the coin cell CMOS battery for 15-30 minutes and replace it.

Solution