W2K > NT - My Docs Not Working Now

Hi there,

Having trouble with a WinNT user's account that has been
moved from a Win2000 PC to a WinNT 4 OS. Essentially we're
moving hardware around to best use within the company.

The user seems to have updated his profile fine apart from
My Documents. I understand that the Documents and Settings
structure doesn't exist on NT, and the user has a roaming
profile on Windows 2003 Server. Email settings have
transferred without a glitch.

The problem is that My Documents doesn't point to anywhere
from the start menu. We've made backups of the docs folder
(even though it is present on the server) but where do I
have to go to get the start menu to link to a new, local
My Documents folder? Is this a registry issue? And does
anyone have information on other potential pitfalls
in "downgrading" to an NT system?

Many thanks in advance,

John Meredith
www.aperio.co.uk

Winnt doesn't have a "my documets" folder on the start
menu. The "documents" folder is actually "recently opened
documets" To get a My Docs folder there, copy a link to
the folder to \winnt\profiles\username\start menu
and it will show up on the start menu.