Wake on USB - mouse vs gamepad

toompitow

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
Hi,

I got a PS4 recently and there is a feature I love : waking up the PlayStation with the PS button on the controller.

Thing is, most of the time, I'm on my computer, wether it is for games or any other stuff a computer is useful for, and I'd like to get this feature to work on my computer with my wired Xbox 360 controller (xinput gamepad).

What I did then is enable wake on USB in my bios. Then I went in control panel to find my gamepad, and enable the ability to wake the computer in properties.

Here I am, it is working fine (edit : only when computer sleeping, not when completely shutdown) !... Too much.. the keyboard and the mouse also wake it up ...

This is annoying as those are wireless devices. I mean I move them a lot, and accidentally wake my computer up Everytime.. even a slight love of the mouse (aka vibrations ) do the trick.

So I disable the mouse ability to wake the computer in the control panel and then properties... Such a mistake ! The gamepad then cannot wake the computer ..

Anyway, that is where I sit, do you have any idea ?

Thanks !

EDIT :
Here is the configuration of my bios:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I believe, at a BIOS level there's either USB = wake, or USB = doesn't wake. I don't believe you can disable on a per USB port level (although I could be wrong).

If your KBM is wireless, is there not a power button/switch on them? If so, why not just turn them off?

toompitow

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017

Thank you for answering,

Let me give you some details.
The computer has different states.
1) If it's shut down, the bios has full control over the USB ports power and wake on USB.
>> Can't get my gamepad to wake the computer in that state
Here is my bios :

2) if it's on sleep , windows has the control, you can change wether a USB device wake the computer or not. But disabling the mouse disable every device and enabling it enable compatible ones.

To answer your question, my mouse doesn't have a switch but disable itself after some time, but my keyboard doesn't which is a big issue (often wake my computer by mistake when on sleep mode).