Waking up from Sleep mode problems

corleonis

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my workstation pc, I use sleep mode sometimes when I need to take a break but have a lot of stuff opened so I can resume quickly without letting the machine run for hours... usually it works fine but also frequently it wakes up but there is no signal to the monitor and the only thing I can do is press the reset button thus losing my opened session and giving me very bad headaches... any advice on what I can do to fix this?

RealBeast

Titan
While there are many things that can be an issue, and despite many patches Windows power management is still buggy, one that seems to help is to open your power option control panel, click "change plan settings" on the plan that you have selected, then click "change advanced power settings." Under PCI Express, Link State Power Management -- turn that setting off.

If you have a USB keyboard and mouse, it also may help to not let those device controllers power down:

Open the device manager, open the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and for the USB Root Hub right click and select properties -- then the Power Management tab. Uncheck the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."