Question Want to mod SS Rival 110

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
I'm quite happy with my Steelseries Rival 110 and don't really see the need to buy a brand new mouse, but I really like the idea of the paracord cables that new mice come out with. My local tech retailer sells the Ascended Cables by PC Gaming Race and I'm wondering if I could use that in my mouse?

Ralston18

Titan
So what is the appeal of "paracord cables" ? That is new to me....

If your current mouse/cables are working then apply the old rule "if it ain't broke - don't fix it".

My thought is more towards "never let form get in the way of function".

Since you are "quite happy" with the Rival 110 then just let it be.

Do not become a victim of glamorized marketing......

Reactions: swanepoellukas5

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I completely forgot I posted this and I don't get notifications for some reason. Anyway, the appeal of paracord cables are that they are lighter, more flexible and drag less on the mousepad/desk than rubber cables. That said, apparently they are more delicate. Anyway, I agree with your statement. I never had a problem with the mouse or the cable, so I just left old faithefull as is ;)

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
O, and incase anyone else reads this thread wondering the same thing I did, yes, apparently mice are easily modable, just make sure that you can either safely remove or easily replace the mousefeet, and that you rewire the end of the new cable so the colours are in the same positions as the old one, simply by pulling the ends out with a tweezer and reincerting them in the corresponding hole