Question Want to replace old psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2019
I hav Core2duo pc, 4gb ddr2,1 gpu.
When I push the power button, the cpu fan spins for 5-6 seconds then stops.
I tried cleaning and reinstalling the ram and also replaced the weak cmos battery. Still same issue. Now i believe the psu has worn out since this pc was used for many years for heavy work like film editing.
It has an Iball psu
specs are +3.3v=15a. , +5v=15a, +12v=18a, +5vsb=2a,
-12v=0.8a, COM=Return, PS-ON=Remote, PW-OK= P.G.
The online psu calculator shows my pc uses not more than 400 watts. Although 500watt is more than enough, i want to go for a 600watt psu.
Can i use a new corsair vs550 or cooler master mwe series for my pc? Will the higher amps/volts damage my pc?

Whether or not it can use a standard ATX power supply like a Corsair VS depends on the motherboard (due to the connectors used on the motherboard) and the chassis (if the chassis has the correct bolt pattern for an ATX power supply).

Higher wattage makes no difference on power delivery if your hardware remains unchanged. A power supply only delivers what's demanded of it. A higher wattage PSU doesn't automatically deliver more power.

I believe iBall only makes ATX power supplies, so you should be fine.

Oct 3, 2019
So I can use corsair vs/cm mwe psu's? my psu's 3.3v has 15 amps and +12v has 18 amps. whereas the new psus show 3.3v of 20 amps and 3 +12v rails of 16,14 and 8 amps. will the higher amp values be safe. there are so many versions of ATX that im afraid a new psu would fry my components.
my motherboard is intel XU1, LGA775. core 2 duo e7XXX, 4gb ddr2.

Status
Not open for further replies.