[SOLVED] Want to update Serial ATA Controller but dont know how

May 4, 2020
So i want to update the driver but i cant, i researched but i still couldnt find anything that could help me.

ID: PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&SUBSYS_02F81028&REV_01

can anyone help me find the download for this one?

SPECS:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.20GHz
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
20.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-23)
Motherboard
Alienware 0XDJ4C (CPU 1)
Graphics
KG271 (1920x1080@75Hz)
4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 Fury Series (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
223GB SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB SCSI Disk Device (SATA (SSD))
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD4000FYYZ-01UL1 SCSI Disk Device

thank you for reading

Solution
Any storage controller drivers for that board will be supplied through the Intel X58 express chipset driver package, and Windows 10 will already provide that driver natively. There shouldn't be any newer driver available especially since that chipset is from 2011.

The only other thing I can recommend is that you go into device manager, double click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to expand it, then right click on the listing nested below that and select "Update driver" and then "Update driver automatically".

Repeat the process for any storage controller drivers listed under Storage controllers as well. Also, you might expand System devices too, and look for anything related to "chipset family" and check those for updates as well.

Aside...
Any storage controller drivers for that board will be supplied through the Intel X58 express chipset driver package, and Windows 10 will already provide that driver natively. There shouldn't be any newer driver available especially since that chipset is from 2011.

The only other thing I can recommend is that you go into device manager, double click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to expand it, then right click on the listing nested below that and select "Update driver" and then "Update driver automatically".

Repeat the process for any storage controller drivers listed under Storage controllers as well. Also, you might expand System devices too, and look for anything related to "chipset family" and check those for updates as well.

Aside from that, Windows 10 should already natively be using the best available chipset driver for your board OR whatever is available on the Dell website on the product page for your prebuilt system model. There won't be anything else newer and Intel no longer offers downloads of drivers for the X58 express chipset because Windows supplies them natively. At least not from what I can see or from what I already know to be true.

Solution