Want to upgrade video card for 4100 -- recommendations?

allen

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I have a 3-year old Dimension 4100 running ME. Recently I upped the
RAM to 512 MB, and now I would like to upgrade the graphics card. I
currently have a Radeon DDR with 32 MB RAM in the AGP slot. I want the
new card to support Direct -X 9. I'd like to keep my costs around
$100, if that's possible. Has anybody done this with their 4100? How
did it work out?

Thanks,

Allen

"Allen" <helmwal@tds.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 3-year old Dimension 4100 running ME. Recently I upped the
> RAM to 512 MB, and now I would like to upgrade the graphics card. I
> currently have a Radeon DDR with 32 MB RAM in the AGP slot. I want the
> new card to support Direct -X 9. I'd like to keep my costs around
> $100, if that's possible. Has anybody done this with their 4100? How
> did it work out?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Allen

I've used both the GeForce3 Ti 200 64mb and GeForce4 Ti 4200 in that machine
with no problems at all. Either of those cards should now be in or very
near your budget.

Just upgraded our 4100 to 512mb as well (WinXP Pro), and the machine seems
to really appreciate it.

Stew

I put a G-Force, FX 5200, 128MB, AGP in my 4100 with Win XP home. The card
will work with Win 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, and XP. I paid $79.99 at Best Buy. It
worked great. Check out www.evga.com. My new 8300 came with the same card in
it.

Frank

"Allen" <helmwal@tds.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 3-year old Dimension 4100 running ME. Recently I upped the
> RAM to 512 MB, and now I would like to upgrade the graphics card. I
> currently have a Radeon DDR with 32 MB RAM in the AGP slot. I want the
> new card to support Direct -X 9. I'd like to keep my costs around
> $100, if that's possible. Has anybody done this with their 4100? How
> did it work out?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Allen

"Allen" <helmwal@tds.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 3-year old Dimension 4100 running ME. Recently I upped the
> RAM to 512 MB, and now I would like to upgrade the graphics card. I
> currently have a Radeon DDR with 32 MB RAM in the AGP slot. I want the
> new card to support Direct -X 9. I'd like to keep my costs around
> $100, if that's possible. Has anybody done this with their 4100? How
> did it work out?

Please consider upgrading your OS. Windows ME is a disaster.