[SOLVED] Wanting to upgrade 27" to 49" Ultrawide or something else

Wheelius

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2014
Hi all,

Like most people, I have transitioned to working from home now. I have made do with my current monitor set up thus far, but recently I've been thinking a lot about upgrading to a larger monitor for improved productivity. The ultrawides, especially, have piqued my interest as the next step for me. Having multiple monitors is great and all, but now I find having a large monitor that can tile many windows to be more convenient and efficient when multitasking as I do that a lot at my job.

Currently, my main monitor is an ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q (bought in 2016) and my secondary is an HP ProDisplay P222va (that I got for free from my old job).

Compared to previous years, I've noticed that I have very little time for gaming, and during the times that I do find the time to game, I play more for fun now and no longer have the competitive drive in FPS games. I do appreciate the 120+ Hz and can never go back to 60 Hz, however.

Here are a few monitors that I've been eying for quite some time that are tailored toward both productivity and gaming.

• Monoprice Dark Matter 49"
  • Samsung C49RG9
  • LG CX 48" OLED

Dark Matter 49" I find to be the most attractive purely due to it's price of $900. Samsung C49RG9 being the alternative while staying within my budget. Seem LG CX 48" is the monitor that everyone is raving about and being OLED, a TV, and 48" seems like perfection to me (subjectively speaking), but the current price tag of $1,500 well over my budget.

What do you all think? Which ones should I just go for or is there one that you would recommend? Or maybe I should just be patient and wait for LG CX 48" to go down in price?

Thanks!

Solution
The samsung G9 is considered the god of gaming monitors.
The LG is really a small TV, not a big monitor.

In my opinion the G9 is much better for almost all things aside from movie watching.

If you really watched all your movies on your PC, why not get a PC for your tv?

In my opinion the G9 is much better for almost all things aside from movie watching.

Solution

Wheelius

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2014

By G9, are you referring to the C49RG9 model or Odyssey G9? If the latter, I thought Samsung recalled and/or discontinued Odyssey G9? I can't seem to find it anywhere...