''WarGames'' IMSAI 8080 Computer Up for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I've been watching this for quite some time. I have a local lawyer that will put in a proxy bid when the item comes up for auction. It's movies like this in my youth that drove me to computers, and this would be a nice show piece at conventions and conferences. Wish me luck!

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]thejerk[/nom]But does it play.......... Global Thermonuclear War??[/citation]
Would..you..like..too..play..a..game

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
now only if they put something valuable up for sale. man what i'd pay for that tank off kelly's hereos. now that's a legit movie.

office_dude

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
OPB reports that with an appraisal of more than $25,000, it could be the most expensive "PC" ever sold.
Doesn't a fully customized Falcon Northwest computer cost about that much or close to it.
The real question is... Can it play Pong? :)-

kdashjl

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]20 years later they are gonna try to sell the Matrix.[/citation]
if includes neo i'll buy it

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Wow, talk about coincidences... amazing. I just watched this movie on Saturday with my 9 year old son (his first time). First time I have watched it (or heard of it again in like 20+ years) and then this. The universe is weird.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
1) Does it actually do the TTS?
2) Does it come with those huge disks? :)

The W.O.P.R might be worth that much as a prop, but who would pay that much for something so plain?

Funny, I just watched this movie again on the weekend. Love it. Time to watch Tron this weekend I guess. :)

G

The machine played neither Tic-Tac-Toe nor Global Thermonuclear War. It functioned as a terminal to play with a mainframe machine named Joshua.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]I wasn't born when this movie came out![/citation]

Thumbs down for making me feel old.

OPB reports that with an appraisal of more than $25,000, it could be the most expensive "PC" ever sold.

I'm willing to bet that there have been more expensive PCs sold than this by some crazy high-end boutique dealers.

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]thejerk[/nom]But does it play.......... Global Thermonuclear War??[/citation]

If you know how to send an ATDT command to it's modem and you know the phone number I'm sure Joshua is waiting to play with you

Status
Not open for further replies.