Warhammer 40K: Space Marine Announced for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykar

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I'd much rather like to play as Chaos thoough... Blood for the Blood God!!!
I was disappointed when in DoW II: Chaos Rising, you didn't play as Chaos but against them :/.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Wonder if this will be opened ended, linear, or both. plenty of FPS have gotten into the linear with twists, like borderlands and the newer wolfenstein. you have side quests/storylines but its driven by the main story.

eitherway its good to see they are bringing more to the PC table.

unholygregor

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]noodlegts[/nom]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/citation]
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!111!!!1!1!!!!!1oneone!!one!11!one!!!1

G

Now my anger at Epic for not releasing Gears of War 2 for PC has vanished....THE EMPEROR PROTECTS! Thanks Relic!

crus_russ

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
I wonder which hardware (XBOX, PS3 or PC) this will be primed for. Probably Xbox as they have made a game for it before, and PS3 and PC can handle anything Xbox can but not the other way around.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]gr33nf00t[/nom]This will be good, but I'm still waiting for Relic to make another Homeworld... *sigh*...[/citation]

Loved those games! They definitely need to make a new one.

jaysbob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
As cool as this sounds, there's so much more to the 40k universe than Space Marines and Orcs; it seems like every relic game has focused on these two factions (with the occasional chaos diversion). It'd be cool to see a Tau or an Eldar centric game. although I suppose those have limited appeal outside of those already familiar with GW and 40k.

The Emperor protects!

Sarcastic

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
There is a Tau centric one, it is called Firewalker and it is a FPS. I rather enjoyed it and it was my second W40K PC game that I played, first being Space Hulk.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Sarcastic[/nom]There is a Tau centric one, it is called Firewalker and it is a FPS. I rather enjoyed it and it was my second W40K PC game that I played, first being Space Hulk.[/citation]

I think the key word here is "one". There need to be more. Also, ones like Chaos Rising need to have multiple playable factions like winter assault did.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
A decent FPS based in the 40K universe.
Boltguns, power armour, genetically engineered superwarriors.
What's not to like?

Let's hope there will be levels wher you can upgrade to Terminator armour and use my favourite weapon, the Assault Cannon. OH YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.