Warhammer Online Overcharging Players

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
So why is it that everyone is bashing EA on this, yeah, it was a mistake, but wow, look at their response? They're trying to be helpful and reverse it as soon as possible, and then if they can't get overdraft fees reversed, sounds like they'll arrange reimbursement?

Yes, they made a mistake, but bravo for admitting it and trying to fix it as fast as possible.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Companies trying to clean up their mess, give them a break, no matter how much we hate EA...

I like my bank though. Someone stole a truckload of money form me, and my bank refunded everything, even the transaction fees, in a single business day.

trenchtoaster

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Hm, I was hit by this. I am currently working with a banking customer service account so it is hard for me to be frustrated and angry because I realize things like this happen but the way it broke down was:

27 charges of 16.05 for either WAR or DAOC (separate accounts)
16 charges for 14.99 for either WAR or DAOC
then a bunch of overdraft fees which really stacked up due to pending holds that the merchants collected (mainly from $1.39 coffee purchases from work that were made days ago).

Normally, this wouldn't be a huge issue since I normally don't live paycheck to paycheck and assume it will clear itself up, but I JUST finished buying a new 5850 i5 SSD computer system so I was low on funds when it happened. haha now I am in the negative for over 500 bucks all told and my fridge consists of italian dressing and coffee creamer. also have no money to do anything this weekend with friends which is lame..

G

We screwed up and over charged you. So you better call your bank and do something about it!

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
I feel bad for the WAR dev team. Regardless of whether or not this is EA's or Mythic's fault, this is going to follow them around for a LONG time, there's no way around the guilt by association on this one.

sjykyy

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
They operate through a third party to handle the payments. It's the 3rd party that is at fault, not them. Anything Mythic pays out will just get reimbursed to them from whatever 3rd part vendor they use.

G

You know, all of you taking up for them must not have been over-charged. I was billed 21 times....21x15.99...then the bank charged me all with overdraft as the things that were SUPPOSE to come out of my account started coming through. Did they refund me? Yes, with only the membership fee. They are now telling LIES saying the overdraft was credited....IT HAS NOT BEEN....I am still in the negative with the 500 in overdraft fees....my bank says it is their problem....meanwhile things I have set on auto to come out of my account are starting to come through, which has caused more overdraft fees.... I am in check systems due to the checks that were sent back when all of this started and the bills I normally pay online I can`t...because I am still negative...sooooo I will be charged late fees for them!!!! If you don`t think this could be more than just a simple...oh, they overcharged a few accounts...maybe now you will see what a nightmare it is for some of us and how it can snowball!! I am about to have an a serious stroke over all of this!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.