Warning: Nothing to output Brame decoder lag

Archived from groups: alt.video.divx,rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video (More info?)

When I load an Xvid encoded AVI file into VirtualDub a message is displayed :
"Warning: Nothing to output Brame decoder lag"

The movie itself can be played successfully.

How can I repair the error ?

Mike

Mike Kleiber wrote:

> When I load an Xvid encoded AVI file into VirtualDub a message is displayed :
> "Warning: Nothing to output Brame decoder lag"
>
> The movie itself can be played successfully.
>
> How can I repair the error ?
>
> Mike

It shouldn't effect the movie itself at all, it's just debug output. If
there are B-frames at the head of the stream, it can't display anything,
as you need a keyframe (I) first, followed by prediction (P) and B frames.

martin

"Mike Kleiber" <mkleib@email.com> wrote in message
> When I load an Xvid encoded AVI file into VirtualDub a message is
displayed :
> "Warning: Nothing to output Brame decoder lag"
>
> The movie itself can be played successfully.
>
> How can I repair the error ?
>
> Mike

I too have had this error with a couple of Xvids that i loaded into
VirtualDub recently.

I was only splitting the audio and video streams - using Direct Stream
copy - and it worked OK.
But i'm curious as to the nature of the error - a brief search on Google
when i had these errors showed no similar reports.

I have ffDshow version dated Mar 29 2004 23:45:06 installed and enabled for
Xvid support.
I also have an Xvid codec installed - the installer is labelled
XviD160703.fullinstall.exe.

What Xvid codec(s) have you installed on your pc?

Martin.

martin

"deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
> Mike Kleiber wrote:
>
> > When I load an Xvid encoded AVI file into VirtualDub a message is
displayed :
> > "Warning: Nothing to output Brame decoder lag"
> >
> > The movie itself can be played successfully.
> >
> > How can I repair the error ?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> It shouldn't effect the movie itself at all, it's just debug output. If
> there are B-frames at the head of the stream, it can't display anything,
> as you need a keyframe (I) first, followed by prediction (P) and B frames.

Well thanks from me for the answer!

Martin.

"Mike Kleiber" <mkleib@email.com> wrote in message
> When I load an Xvid encoded AVI file into VirtualDub a message is
displayed :
> "Warning: Nothing to output Brame decoder lag"
>
> The movie itself can be played successfully.
>
> How can I repair the error ?

What is it that you want to do? I had the same message and had to fiddle
around with the environment settings on TMPGEnc in order to work out an
MPG2 file I could burn into a CD.

Do a Google search for the error message.

César