Question Warzone lag spikes, stuttering, freezing, drops, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2020
So much lag in Warzone.
So, recently I've been getting so much lag in the game. I'm running it on a Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI Armor RX 570. When the game is running smoothly I get around 90 fps, but then every turn, every second, every movement I make, every shot it just jumps to 20-30 fps and so on. It's like 90fps > 30fps > 90fps > 20fps > 90fps > 20fps... It's so frustrating. I've done every fix (i think.). Updating drivers, clearing temp, putting RAM to like 15000 or so, disable fullscreen optimization, application mode, CCleaner, fix game files, re-install shaders, run as an administrator, high priority, you name it. Is there any fix to this? I am very sorry if I sound angry but come on it's impossible to play like this. Always stuttering and freezing...

I (even) OC'd my GPU to 1800 and 2000.

So, any tips?

Apr 10, 2020
thanks for helping but, seems to me the problem is that games minimum is 12gb of ram. i only got 8, so time to spend 50 euro just to play warzone ))

Apr 25, 2020
thanks for helping but, seems to me the problem is that games minimum is 12gb of ram. i only got 8, so time to spend 50 euro just to play warzone ))
I've got 8GB Ram and it worked fine. Until one day it just crashed. Ever since I've had the exact same problem you are talking about.

Apr 25, 2020
I bought a new kit of ram so now I’ve got 4x4gb = 16gb: No lag at all.
Glad to here. I think according to this adding Ram would work too, as the drives in for page files wouldnt matter if there was enough RAM. Thought I'd just state it for people who have a similar issue and might not want to buy extra ram.

May 27, 2020
Hi, I saw a reply on reddit which actually helped me. The problem could be to do with page files. If youre runnign a hdd and ssd, clear space on your ssd and set page files onto the SSD. It fixed so many peoples issues that seem similar to yours.
Read this
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/foburh/100_hard_disk_game_bug_that_causes_huge_stutter/

Dude , i just logged in to tell you thanks , the SSD/HDD pagging issue made me suffer for a couple of days and now it works perfectly

Feb 24, 2021
I've got 8GB Ram and it worked fine. Until one day it just crashed. Ever since I've had the exact same problem you are talking about.
Exactly, I did have the same problem it worked really fine until it crashed and I have to reinstalled the Windows10 and since then it went like a potato. But I have bought +8gb from second hand. But now I have big freeze frames lags so I thinks it's also HDD disk problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.