Watch Dogs Question

Freezing

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Please tell me if this is in the wrong section, I am not a big forum guy,

So Watch Dogs is coming out in a week and I want to know if I can max out the game, and if not, what settings I can run it at, getting what frames?

Nvidia GTX 760 2gb
Intel i5-4440k 3.1ghz
8gb ram
1tb 7200rpm hdd
not sure of the exact model, but a pretty nice gigabyte motherboard.

thanks

Solution
Well, I can't give you any concrete numbers as the game has not come out, so I'll be doing some guesstimating here.

So the recommended requirement for Ultra is the 4770K and GTX 780.

I'll break down what this means for you.

Processor:
In virtually all games, there's a very small performance difference between an i5 and an i7. Now, Watchdogs may be doing something revolutionary with its coding, however I imagine the performance delta will be similar. You should have a plenty powerful processor.

Graphics Card:
The 760 will most likely deliver around 30fps with Watchdogs on Ultra at 1080p. You could easily get that number closer to 40 if you made a few tweaks and settings adjustments (disabling AA, for example)...

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished
Well, I can't give you any concrete numbers as the game has not come out, so I'll be doing some guesstimating here.

So the recommended requirement for Ultra is the 4770K and GTX 780.

I'll break down what this means for you.

Processor:
In virtually all games, there's a very small performance difference between an i5 and an i7. Now, Watchdogs may be doing something revolutionary with its coding, however I imagine the performance delta will be similar. You should have a plenty powerful processor.

Graphics Card:
The 760 will most likely deliver around 30fps with Watchdogs on Ultra at 1080p. You could easily get that number closer to 40 if you made a few tweaks and settings adjustments (disabling AA, for example).

Memory, HDD, Motherboard:
Not really a factor, you're good to go here!

I would say, you'll be getting very playable FPS on high, and some choppiness at times as you move up to Ultra.

Solution
http://ca.ign.com/wikis/watch-dogs/PC_System_Requirements

While it appears you can get "ULTRA" with a GTX670 I highly doubt that would be at 1920x1080 60FPS. Still, you should be able to run at near highest settings which is great.

There's no CPU issue.

You may want to SAVE or PRINT the following as it's great advice for most games (for other games you may want to just leave VSYNC OFF if screen tearing isn't an issue).

*Recommended setup:
1. Start FRAPS
2. Start GAME
3. VSYNC OFF
4. Tweak quality settings until you can maintain above 60FPS at least 90% of the time
5. Exit and force ADAPTIVE VSYNC on for the game (NVidia Control Panel-> Manage 3D settings-> Watchdogs..)

You should now be locked to 60FPS most of the time. Adaptive VSync will disable VSYNC if you can't output 60FPS so if screen tearing is too frequent go back and play with the settings a bit to minimize that. Read about Adaptive VSYNC if confused.

D

Deleted member 1300495

Well maybe not Ultra but most likely high. On ultra, you will get about 30 FPS or more depending on other settings

Freezing

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

Thanks, so i'm guessing ill need to upgrade my GPU to get a gaurenteed 60 fps. i appreciate the feedback :)

you must understand that when they recommend a 4770k, its running at stock clocks. there is no possible way any game would have recommendations for said cpu to be overclocked. at a certain point an overclocked 4670k will pass up a 4770k running stock clocks no matter how you slice it. if you have a 4 core 4 thread intel k processor, you will be able to overclock... and in no known game does having a 4 core 8 thread intel k processor offer any more than maybe 3% performance increase at best compared to the same 4 core 4 thread processor running the same clocks, UNLESS you are running in a lower than 1080p resolution. higher than 1080p the difference is even smaller.

Just wait and see, but often the difference between HIGH and ULTRA isn't that significant. If you follow my advice above you might get as much as 90% the visual experience without having to spend $500 on a GTX780.

That's true of most games; certain settings like Depth of Field, Tessellation, BLOOM might be very, very taxing on your system but provide an arguably minor visual benefit.

*If you have a GTX760 right now my advice is hold off and get a MAXWELL card like the GTX880 4GB or whatever makes the most sense once prices and benchmarks are released.