Watch Out GameFAQs: Valve Releases Steam Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Does gamefaqs have the rights to any of the material thats posted by its users?

Otherwise there is going to be a massive copy pasta fest from gamefaqs to steam guides. To be honest I wouldn't mind, haven't used a gamefaqs in forever but if I needed to it would be nice to just access directly from steam. Can't see gamefaqs being pleased with this though.

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Generally contributors to Gamefaqs.com retain the copyright of their work and who gets to use it At least, that's what I gathered anyway.

But I feel that this is redundant anyway considering:
- The overlay has a web browser. Sure it's has no history so if you quit the game you have to go back to it, but I never really had to Alt+Tab out to look at a walkthrough in the first place.
- For a lot of high-profile games, there already exists a detailed wiki.

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
I do find this easier. A lot of times if you ALT + TAB out of a game it changes to windowed mode and you have to go to settings to reset it to full-screen. It is kind of annoying. The Steam overlay is helpful and adding game guides to it is also helpful. Nothing wrong here.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I haven't used alt tab in a steam game for a long time. FYI you have a web browser available on the Steam overlay, of course ever since the last update my steam overlay disappears after being opened for a couple of seconds and I need to keep alt+tabbing to mozilla while playing Dar Souls.

G

Would be nice if the guide somehow automatically scrolls to where you currently are in the game. Of course this would be a feature which you could either turn off or on.

Status
Not open for further replies.