Question Watching sqt a9 mini wifi camera directly by ip address

Jan 19, 2023
Hi
I have a sqt a9 mini wifi camera and by using Ftycampro android app it is possible to watch live video . I checked the wifi router and found the ip address assigned to it is 192.168.1.9
How is possible to have the live video by using the ip address in web browser ?
I don't know the port used by camera and can not find it .
I used some port scanner app but these app does not find any port assigned to above ip address .

Ralston18

Titan
The camera is simply a wireless network device that has been configured and given permissions (login/password) to join your wireless network.

All done per the applicable installation guides for camera and the android app. Plus some configuration on the network router as well.

As for the IP address: the IP address can either be provided by the router when the camera is turned on and requests an IP address (DHCP) or the router and camera have been configured to use the static IP address. E.g. 192.168.1.9.

Likely the camera is just using a default port(s) open for such uses. Likely listed in the camera's documentation.

Camera and Android both being on the same network means that they can communicate.

The Android needs some client app that can obtain and recognize the camera's output packets and transform those packets into video and audio.

Likely when you type in 192.168.1.9 the app just starts looking for the camera's output and automatically displays accordingly. There may be other options in the app that allow making viewing changes: the size of the viewing window for example, volume, record/stop record.

Jan 19, 2023
The camera is simply a wireless network device that has been configured and given permissions (login/password) to join your wireless network.

All done per the applicable installation guides for camera and the android app. Plus some configuration on the network router as well.

As for the IP address: the IP address can either be provided by the router when the camera is turned on and requests an IP address (DHCP) or the router and camera have been configured to use the static IP address. E.g. 192.168.1.9.

Likely the camera is just using a default port(s) open for such uses. Likely listed in the camera's documentation.

Camera and Android both being on the same network means that they can communicate.

The Android needs some client app that can obtain and recognize the camera's output packets and transform those packets into video and audio.

Likely when you type in 192.168.1.9 the app just starts looking for the camera's output and automatically displays accordingly. There may be other options in the app that allow making viewing changes: the size of the viewing window for example, volume, record/stop record.
Thank you for your response to my question .
Indeed I want to have the video/audio stream out of my home network but due to some filtering the A9 camera can not make connection to cloud server .So l want to make Port forwarding to have AV stream by using the ip address and port used by camera .
Ok ,
I used packet capture app and found that android app send UDP message to 192.168.1.9:62511 and then camera become available if android phone is in home network.
If android phone use data connection the Ftycampro app try to send UDP message toward several ip such as 170.106.50.86:32100 or 35.156.204.247:32100 and other ip but there is not connection to camera .
When I use 192.168.1.9:62511 in chrome browser there is message can not find this site .
Now what should I do?
Why it is not possible to have AV stream in chrom browser by using ip address of camera?

Ralston18

Titan
I do not understand.

If I follow correctly you can view the camera's output within your own network and network devices. The Android phone for example. Correct?

If you have set up a webcam for streaming then people wishing to view your streams must login or otherwise access your website.

Do you have a website)? Do not post name or IP address.

Or are you simply trying to setup remote access to your own webcam from other computers?

How do you see the cloud server fitting in?

Jan 19, 2023
I do not understand.

If I follow correctly you can view the camera's output within your own network and network devices. The Android phone for example. Correct?

If you have set up a webcam for streaming then people wishing to view your streams must login or otherwise access your website.

Do you have a website)? Do not post name or IP address.

Or are you simply trying to setup remote access to your own webcam from other computers?

How do you see the cloud server fitting in?
There is an android app with name Ftycampro ,
By this app for first time must enter the user id and password for the camera and after connection to camera the user id an password for wifi should be entered , from now on camera is connected to wifi and android app also by the same wifi connection can show AV stream .
In this case only by android app camera output is visible .
Now suppose I disconnect the android wifi and turn on the mobile data , in this case the android app can not connect to camera and AV stream is not available in android app.
For connection to camera user id and password required . There is not any website for connecting to camera and up to now the only way to have camera output is using android app when android is connected to home network via the same wifi which camera is connected.

You are trying to use a shonky cheap "spy" camera beyond how it's intended. All reviews for this thing should have made your alarm bells ring, I haven't found a good one. It only works with the ap, whilst it might use a standard stream it is not accessible how you want. Buy a proper camera.

You are trying to use a shonky cheap "spy" camera beyond how it's intended. All reviews for this thing should have made your alarm bells ring, I haven't found a good one. It only works with the ap, whilst it might use a standard stream it is not accessible how you want. Buy a proper camera.
This is what I also saw and did not want to spend the time digging around a poorly documented system to see if maybe there was a way to view it with a web browser. From what I can tell it uses some proprietary app to get the video from the camera and does not use standard protocols.
Tends to be very common for cameras, they sell the camera for very cheap and then try to make their money back on things like monthly software charges or buy some expensive hardware DVR system.

Ralston18

Titan
1) "this app for first time must enter the user id and password for the camera " : Do you have the user id and password?

2) "after connection to camera the user id and password for wifi should be entered: Do you have the user id and password?

3) If you have the camera and Android connected and working why is the android wifi then being disconnected? A wired connection is used to configure a wireless device with the applicable wireless network settings. Ensure that you are not mixing up the configuration process with the operational proces/requirements.

4) Per @nigelivey the camera itself is quite suspect. Bad reviews and comments. May not be standard and only work with products made by the camera manufacturer.

I found the following comment per Android:

"The issue you are facing is not related to the Android product. "

Reference:

https://support.google.com/android/...-i-connect-my-ftycampro-to-the-internet?hl=en

Return the camera if possible and look for another product that meets the operational requirements, has good reviews, and understandable documentation.