[SOLVED] Water cooler has two fans - where to plug them in?

PetLamb

Honorable
Jul 16, 2015
Hello,

I can't get my PC to boot at all. I dismantled it to clean it up completely, but I forgot how I built it.

My cooler is an NZXT kraken and it has two fans. I plugged one of them into the CPU fan pins and another into Sys fan, but still not booting whatsoever. Could it just be a fried motherboard?

Solution
The pump head has a lead to go to the cpu_fan header. The fans are powered by the pump. Has Sata power and USB hookup.

Unless you have the X63 in which case the fans go to a splitter, then to cpu_fan, the pump goes to a sys_fan header and Sata power and has a USB hookup.
Hello,

I can't get my PC to boot at all. I dismantled it to clean it up completely, but I forgot how I built it.

My cooler is an NZXT kraken and it has two fans. I plugged one of them into the CPU fan pins and another into Sys fan, but still not booting whatsoever. Could it just be a fried motherboard?
Treat it like a new build and work your way through this checklist:

If that doesn't do it provide complete system specs with a repost.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The pump head has a lead to go to the cpu_fan header. The fans are powered by the pump. Has Sata power and USB hookup.

Unless you have the X63 in which case the fans go to a splitter, then to cpu_fan, the pump goes to a sys_fan header and Sata power and has a USB hookup.

Solution