[SOLVED] Water Cooler Noise

Sep 8, 2020
Hey All,

I've got a Deepcool GamerStorm Genome II ROG case - had it for some time but due to having a bit more time on my hands recently, I've been tweaking things.

Long story short, I had the AIO cooler from the case plugged into the CPU header and the radiators fans in the CPU_OPT header so both were running well but not optimal. I also had these set to DC (whoops), but realized that I don't want the AIO on PWM, so thats when I moved the AIO to the actual AIO pump fan header. I immediately noticed significant amounts of noise from the PC and after a little trial and error realized that the AIO header always runs at 100 (as designed) and when my AIO cooler runs above around 65% it makes a lot of noise.

I'm seeing a few bubbles in the line, so I'm thinking it's air, but its a lot of noise, to the point that it sounds like an old HDD processing at 100% constantly. Video below.

View: https://youtu.be/Z6XmhRI0EBE

If it is air, how can I fix it?

Help!

Last edited:
Solution
You can't. You don't fix air in an AIO unless it is a newer design that is intended to be refilled or unless it is a partial or full open loop. Any AIO that does not have a fill port or any liquid cooler that doesn't have a reservoir, is simply "done" once permeation has reached a certain point.

TLDR, for most AIO coolers, once there is air in the system, you either RMA it if it is still under warranty, or you throw it away and buy a new one. This is one of the ways in which an air cooler is superior to an AIO, because this will never happen under any normal circumstances, or at least, not for a long, long time.
You can't. You don't fix air in an AIO unless it is a newer design that is intended to be refilled or unless it is a partial or full open loop. Any AIO that does not have a fill port or any liquid cooler that doesn't have a reservoir, is simply "done" once permeation has reached a certain point.

TLDR, for most AIO coolers, once there is air in the system, you either RMA it if it is still under warranty, or you throw it away and buy a new one. This is one of the ways in which an air cooler is superior to an AIO, because this will never happen under any normal circumstances, or at least, not for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Solution
As far as any sounds are concerned in your video, and pretty much most videos with audio that get posted here, it's impossible for US to hear what's actually going on because we are hearing the entire system, on low quality audio recordings, and it is simply not possible to hear what YOU are actually hearing when you are standing next to the system. Any sense of individual sounds, unless they are QUITE distinct, gets lost in the translation more often than not.

If it sounds like gurgling or a dry pump to you, then it probably is. You can usually isolate the noise by using a length of hose about two foot long, up to your ear, and the other end moved around near various components until you are able to pretty certainly isolate where it is coming from.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Check & change the motor. Only this is a problem.
This is not acceptable advice for a serious tech forum. Please refrain from making nonsensical suggestions like this in the future. "Motors" are not replaceable on 99.9% of AIO coolers, and I assume you meant "pump" anyhow. Back when this cooler was made, there weren't ANY all in one coolers with replaceable parts, and there are still VERY few.

Reactions: Phaaze88