Question Water cooling and Voltage regulators.

Mar 1, 2019
So i want to Watercool my cpu with a AIO kit by XSPC and i am wondering how you go about with keeping your voltage regulators cool. I read on the watercooling sticky that having your VR's overheat can damage and shorten the life of your motherboard. I know with a closed case you can have the radiator fans cooling it or you can add a single 120mm fan to the top of your case and it will cool it. I am wondering if it is a big issue with an open case like the Thermaltake P90 were the rad fans are not pointed towards the motherboard and you can mount a fan to directly blow on the MoBo. Do you even need to cool your VR's in an open case or do they still need to be cooled.

They will be passively cooled by any air running over them. But if necessary you could actively cool them by mounting a fan over them. Just monitor temps after you get the loop setup, and go from there.

Also to remember if the kit includes gpu block, it usually only covers founders style pcb, so definitely double check if you have a custom pcb card.