[SOLVED] water-cooling epoxy / glue

Jan 30, 2021
I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on glue or epoxy that is suitable for in a custom water-cooling setup
i.e. something that doesn't leach colour into the water or react with metals etc
I have an old ek res that id like to attach the divider(?) but the screw became really rusty and wouldn't like to trust it

Solution
Pictures would help to better understand what you are trying to accomplish. And what exactly got rusty which is what bothers me more than using epoxy to fix it. Rust is a chemical process that will continue so long as it's fed oxygen (through the fluid) and would need to be addressed before it's put back into service. Which may not be possible. Any marine or aquarium epoxy should work. Usually once these harden they turn into a tough plastic (similar to acrylic) that should be impermeable and non-reactive. Personally, I have access to DP100 at work so I'd use that.

Depending on the application a bit of clear 100% silicone might resolve the issue.
Pictures would help to better understand what you are trying to accomplish. And what exactly got rusty which is what bothers me more than using epoxy to fix it. Rust is a chemical process that will continue so long as it's fed oxygen (through the fluid) and would need to be addressed before it's put back into service. Which may not be possible. Any marine or aquarium epoxy should work. Usually once these harden they turn into a tough plastic (similar to acrylic) that should be impermeable and non-reactive. Personally, I have access to DP100 at work so I'd use that.

Depending on the application a bit of clear 100% silicone might resolve the issue.

Solution