pablogaxiola35

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
So, this is my setup

Thermaltake Core P7
Thermaltake Toughpower 850 iRGB
Intel i7 7700k
Asus IX Extreme
MSI Gtx 1080ti (with thermaltake RGB waterblock)
G Skills Triden Z (4x8)
2x EKWB 480 Radiators
2x Thermaltake RGB Pump&Reservoir Combo

So i have everything, i just need to figure my loop out, i am an enthusiastic, i know that i am overkilling my PC but i am a youtuber so Good PC = more views.
I just have one problem, for my loop i want to like conect both loops like i want that reservoir A take 1 hole from the CPU water block and reservoir B take the other hole, i dont know if you undestood that, but i case you did, my quiestion is that having two pumps pumping at oposite directions, will it be a problem if i conect both pump current in the CPU block and both pump currents in the GPU block ?? if i need i cable or something just post it, budget is not a problem

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
I think it's best if you had a picture a had drawn diagram of what you wan to pull off. To add more info, loop order doesn't matter so long as you don't run the pump dry, that it's fed with constant coolant/liquid otherwise you risk damaging the pump's impeller. You can look through that bit of info in the watercooling sticky, linked in my sig.

You should also know, YouTube channel does not equal to more views with a PC that has overkill laden into it. People watching you and your channel will rather appreciate a gradual development of your channel and it's setup as opposed to coming with bim, bam, boom from the get go :)

Anyways, I'm moving this thread to the watercooling subsection.

well, you definitely got yourself a Christmas tree.
you can use 2 (or more) pumps in the same loop, but they have to push the liquid in the same direction. Pumps must be connected one after another. could be different points in the loop, but still, pushing liquid in the same direction.

Lutfij

Titan
Well, parallel and serial loops have their places. If you don't need a parallel loop, it's pointless investing for that hardware. If you'd benefit from a serial only loop then that would need primary priority. Then again if I'm thinking what you're thinking and it involves two pumps then why not two loops?

well with two pumps in a single loop you get:
1. two serial pumps = redundancy.
2. in a single loop, radiators used more efficiently as they are shared among all components (not all of them under 100% IRL) - better and quieter cooling
3. a bit less space used.
advantages of two separate loops are ... well, easier to swap components as you leave one of the loops as is.

pablogaxiola35

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Good, I want a serial loop, I think I will go for the thermaltake The Tower 900 Setup, also I want to know which one is better 1070ti SLI vs 1080ti, I looked it up and I only found 1070 SLI vs 1080ti

According to what you have listed, you've actually bought enough to create 2 independent loops one for the CPU and one for the GPU, and IMO that's what I would do with it, if you have any intentions of overclocking your 7700K, you will get further overclocking it if it is on it's own loop.

Once you combine your CPU and GPU into the same loop, because of the constant heat added to the loop from the GPU you limit how far you can stably overclock the CPU.

Do yourself a favor and read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2196038/air-cooling-water-cooling-things.html

Pay attention to questions 7,8,9,and 10

Note: I don't know where Lutfij moved this thread from but you may not have any intentions of overclocking anything, but this is the overclocking section, so it should be safe to assume you will be overclocking, if not, then totally disregard my post to you.

Ryan

Solution

Believe it or not after all this time there is still problems with SLI, when Deus EX Mankind Divided was first released it would not even run SLI! I personally would go with the single GTX 1080 Ti.

Trust me, You won't be disappointed.

If you have no overclocking intentions and you have in your possession the 2x Thermaltake RGB Pump&Reservoir Combo?

Those are running D5 water pumps, so if you decide to run a single loop, one of them is more than capable of handling the entire loop by itself.

So I would just run one of them and shelve the 2nd one to have as a backup unit for in the future when the pump fails, eventually every mechanical thing fails and if you already have a backup you can swap it out in no time.

I personally have 2 shelved brand new D5 backup pumps for my setup.

Do you want to know the secret for long pump life, have a backup.