water cooling with a one header board

rdadf

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
I am getting ready to change my case to am haf evo xb. I'm installing an additional 4 fans. One top and 3 rear plus the to pre installed fans in the front. In order for the top fan to be installed. I have to install a low profile cpu cooler. I decided to go with a seison 240l. Now here's the problem. I have an Asus m5a78l-m/usb3. It only has one cpu header that I'm aware of. Now to counter act this. I also purchased a sunbeam rheosmart fan controller. This controller says it can br plugged into the header to make the fans connected to the controller pwn. I know the fans will work through this controller but will the pump work properly through it. Or will I have to change the channel the pump is on to manual and run it from there. Idk anything about the pump or where to actually plug it into.

Solution
A pump should not be connected to a variable speed connection. It must be connected to a +12v header that remains at full voltage. Usually you will connect it directly to a SYS FAN header and be sure it is always set to full speed in BIOS. The cooler's fan can be connected to the CPU FAN header normally.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
A pump should not be connected to a variable speed connection. It must be connected to a +12v header that remains at full voltage. Usually you will connect it directly to a SYS FAN header and be sure it is always set to full speed in BIOS. The cooler's fan can be connected to the CPU FAN header normally.

Solution